Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Hi All,

The Theme for the Contest this time is "Your Favorite IR Images of All Time"

Please post up to 2 images in your submission, Please add them in under this Post and not start a new thread.

It would be nice to have a "Title" and also the information, such as camera and description of the image if possible so other's can see
where they're at.

It will run till June17th and the images will be displayed in the Rolling Banner unless I get a note saying you'd rather not
have your images displayed.

Hopefully everyone will enjoy this and we can start a new one shortly after. Thanks and Take care,

Craig

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Hi All,

OK I'll start it off , I have two favorite's that come to mind,

First - Jack and His Alter Ego

Sony 717, NS Mode, R72, ND8, 1/60th, F/2

JackandHisShadowIR.jpg

My All Time Favorite is From Caddo Lake, Uncertain Texas "The Sentinel of the Waterway"

Modded Nikon D70S, 720nm, ISO 200, 1/200, F/13

DSC_8798_1wxwww.jpg

I look forward to seeing all of your Favorites .

Take Care,

Craig

LauraG

Mission San Jose in San Antonio,TX
Nikon D70 590nm
and
The Angel of Driftwood
Nikon D70 590nm
This photo is a personal favorite. This angel holds a special place in my heart.F2F8B2C3-0022-49B6-91BC-F5579226F44C.jpeg6F1EDEB9-889E-4021-BDF7-D39AE0D19FCA.jpeg

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Beautiful Images Laura, Love the Mission Image, know it well. I Love the Angel and the scene you've captured !!!

Well Done !!!

Hali

Gold
My two favorite images...

The first is from a trip to Joshua Tree National Park a few years back, I call it "Caught between a tree and a hard place" taken with an Olympus OMD EM-1 converted to 850nm.

The second is a long exposure (for surfing) of my husband surfing a few years back, Canon 7D converted to 720nm2017_05_SanDiegoandJoshuaTree-11981-Edit1000.jpg2016_10_14_Surfing-10686-Edit1000.jpg

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Love Both of those Hali, the First one has such a wonderful depth of details and tones, and the foliage against that dark sky just makes it Pop.

The Second one really has a great feel to it , you can almost sense the action and movement of the Surfer and the water.

Very Nicely Done ,

CK

Geoff Smith

A couple of favourites from me as well. The first s of a large ocean swell breaking over a rock pillar at an old quarry in Bombo, NSW, Australia. The second is of some dead trees on the banks of Lake Burrill, NSW, Australia.

IMG_1529i1024.jpg

IMG_3509i1024.jpg

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
I really like both of those Geoff, The Waves Crashing over that formation is a Wonderful Capture !!! I really like the light and shadows in the Grasses in the 2nd one.

Very Nice, Take Care,

Craig

Hali

Gold
Those are both wonderful Geoff. Love that water movement, waves are so amazing in IR, and the shadows and those trees are great!

Hali

Gold
Those are both really nice Ray. I like the path leading me up and through in the second

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Stunning Light and Depth of Tones and Details Ray. They really draw the viewer in !!!

Take Care,
Craig

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Wonderful Images everyone, Can't pick a Winner out of this Great Group.

We'll Have a New Theme and Contest Maybe Monday !!!

Have a Great Weekend, Take Care,

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.