Suggestions for additional editing

Mark Mozley

Forum Supporter
Gold
While I am happy with the blue sky I am not totally sold on my editing of this pictures. Suggestions welcomed.
_DSC0025-Edit.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Hi Mark,

Not sure what look you're going for. I'm guessing you're shooting a 590nm Filter with the look towards Golden Foliage and Blue Sky.
I just did a quick click on Adjustments / Levels / Gray Eye Dropper on the Road and this is what popped up.

Mark M w.jpg

I tend to like my images more towards Visible Light look with small touches in the Foliage and Sky .

Take Care,

Craig

Mark Mozley

Forum Supporter
Gold
Yes that camera has the590nm lifepixel conversion. There is so much creativity in IR I am still finding my way. Thanks

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
I agree there's so many ways to post process and each person has their own style /technique
that they like and works for them.

Hali

Forum Supporter
Gold
I hope you don't mind I took a try at this, I used 2 selective color layers and played around with all the colors, took some tint out of the roadway and tried to balance the two sides of the road. I know I created some CA around the leaves on the left in the process :(. I'm not that good with color IR but wanted to give this a go.
_DSC0025-Edited-2.jpg

Hali

Forum Supporter
Gold
Thank you. It's just a matter of just playing around with different things until you find what works.

Doug

Forum Supporter
Gold
I’m seeing a strong magenta color cast. There’s a host of ways to remove. I simply used curves with the individual (rbg) channels particularly with the red channel to tweak the color balance. I also believe that the shadow depths are too light and would improve with darkening that would also boost the overall contrast of the image. The leaves of the upper right are also a bit bright and can be tweaked with curves adjusting the highlights to return some leaf texture. Basically, for your image, I’m recommending using curves and specifically individual color channels to accomplish much of the editing.

Untitled-2.jpg