Photoshop Experiments

GLeighton

Does anyone else do really weird experiments just to see what happens? I took the first photo here and made a copy then used the solarize filter then set the blend mode to linear light. Reduced both the fill and opacity. Can't say I like it better, but I think I could play around and mask out portions and make a cool photo.
HS Road IR 2019-08-10.02G.JPG
HS Road IR 2019-08-10.02GS.JPG

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Hi George, It's hard for me to really see a big difference, maybe the Clouds/Tops of Foliage a little Lighter.

My eyes aren't that great anymore so maybe I'm missing it.

Take Care,

Craig

GLeighton

Not much difference in the clouds, but the reds and greens are deeper color. Thing is I brought both the fill and opacity way down (15 to 20%). If I had left either higher there was a much greater difference. I was thinking maybe doing this selectively. This was just a crazy experiment.

T

TedG954

The colors in #2 are, for lack of a better term, harsher. I like the first pic better.

Nice job.

GLeighton

I agree. This was only an experiment. I think there may be times when it could be done selectively to enhance an image. I was more curious if others did outlandish experiments just to see what happens.