My New Sony a7 Mod by Isaac Szabo

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Hi All,

Well, I thought that I'd share my recent experience of having my New (to Me) Sony a7 modded by
Isaac Szabo. I'd contacted him before I bought one, basically checking to see his thoughts and ideas
on the Sony a7. He responded immediately, he was very helpful on the a7 as I was also looking at the
Sony a7R. Each and every time I'd written Isaac and asked a question, he replied promptly and was very clear, and concise with his thoughts and answers.

Then, when the Big Day came and I'd bought my Camera we started talking more about the specifics of the Mod, namely what a great IR camera it will make, what Filter I would like, and Pricing, after those several conversations I was Sold !!! Anyone that knows me, one reply or response doesn't happen ;-) So, I'd gotten Isaac's address for the shipping and all the pertinent info, and Shipped the camera to him. He was very prompt in letting me know he'd received it, the condition the box, and ultimately the Camera itself was in. In my case, it only had 425 shots on it and he was amazed at how clean and perfect condition it was in.
He gave me an estimated time of modding and also return time, and as it turned out things worked great and the total turn around time was faster than the original time frame. I had it back with in 7 days from when I shipped it till I received it back. It returned in the same condition I'd sent it and was packaged well and was Signature
and Insurance protected. The camera worked wonderfully from the first minute I put the battery in and went out for the test shots.

I can't even begin to relay what a great not only business experience, but a personal one as well. I feel like I've made a very kind and nice new Friend in Isaac. He also was very kind and patient in helping me with a new Camera RAW Profile and have to say really cut way down on my Post Processing technique and time. Plus, I feel like the newer technique has gained some more dynamic range and depth to my images. My last mod from another Company kind of left me a little disappointed. It wasn't necessarily in the Quality of the Mod or Workmanship, but the longer than expected processing/modding time, higher shipping costs, which Isaac includes in his price. Also, the other company's pricing had gone up significantly, this made having Isaac mod it for me even one more reason to be excited .

I'll attach one image from my new Modded Sony a7-Szabo , I know, sorry I couldn't help it. I am really pleased with my first results especially for just stepping Outside and firing off a few images after setting the Custom White Balance. Shot with Sony a7, 590nm Mod, ISO 100, 1/200th, F/10 Sony 16-35 F/4 at 17mm
This was with very minimal post processing basically channel swap, and a little curves.

Szabo Camera Conversion.jpg

So, in closing I'll include Isaac's information and I Highly Recommend his modding service, I promise you will not be disappointed. For those that don't know me, I was an Aerospace Quality Inspector for over 35yrs, so I don't usually use those kind of words ;-) I'm sure he'll be glad to answer any questions you have on his Mod Services and Pricing .

Isaac Szabo isaac@isaacszabo.com

http://isaacszabo.com/infrared.html

Take Care,

Craig

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
That full frame detail is going to be amazing. Best wishes.
Thanks Ted, I'm really excited to get out and test it out. I was really blown away at the amount of details and the sharpness of
the Lens as well. I'd just gotten the Sony 16-35 F/4

Take Care,

CK

Infra-Edd

Gold
Congrats on the Sony! You will love it. I have had this model for 5 years now (over 100,000 shots!). The image quality is still amazing! Adapting classic lenses to this system is just brilliant (adapters are cheap) and it makes a very small and light travel camera with the right lens. The Zeiss 55/1.8 is THE best lens you can get for IR on this system and is super sharp, with nice bokeh / rendering!

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Congrats on the Sony! You will love it. I have had this model for 5 years now (over 100,000 shots!). The image quality is still amazing! Adapting classic lenses to this system is just brilliant (adapters are cheap) and it makes a very small and light travel camera with the right lens. The Zeiss 55/1.8 is THE best lens you can get for IR on this system and is super sharp, with nice bokeh / rendering!
Thanks Very Much Edd, I'm really excited to get out and test drive it a little more. From the small amount that I've shot I've been
super pleased and Isaac did a great job on the Mod. I also want to Thank You for all your help and advice, it was certainly appreciated.

I'll have to keep my eyes out for the Zeiss 55, it sounds like a stunning lens, and that's kind of a rarity for IR.

Take Care,

Craig

Hali

Gold
Congratulations!!! That sounds like it will give you many years of great images. I can't wait to see more of them. It's always nerve wracking to me to get a new camera and a new mod, but the happiness afterwards is worth all the angst!

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Congratulations!!! That sounds like it will give you many years of great images. I can't wait to see more of them. It's always nerve wracking to me to get a new camera and a new mod, but the happiness afterwards is worth all the angst!
Thanks Hali, I'm very pleased with it , the mod was a great experience, kind of a rarity these days. Excited about getting out and shooting some to test it out a little more.

Take Care,

CK