First try at IR B&W

Prufroc

This is my first IR photo since getting my modded a6000 (590nm) from lifepixel a few days ago. I imported it to Sony Capture One where I adjusted white balance etc. then on to PS Elements with the Elements+ add on to do channel conversion and B&W conversion. I'm open to any and all suggestions on how to improve this image. By the way, the two arches are not windows but white stone. Thanks for any comments.

church.jpg

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Stunning Opening Image Kim I love that Black Sky Nice range of details and Tones !!!

Looks like you're hooked !!! Look forward to seeing more of your images.

Take Care,

Craig

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Thank you Craig.

You're Welcome, You've gotten some great results and as I'm sure you'll find out there are so many different
ways/ techniques to post processing. As in all things there's as many way's to do things as there are shooters

Take Care,

Craig

R

Rob

Great sky, the subject really stands out! Personally, I would prefer to see more contrast detail in the brick and less in the grass/brushes. But way better than my first IR images. ;)

Prufroc

Great sky, the subject really stands out! Personally, I would prefer to see more contrast detail in the brick and less in the grass/brushes. But way better than my first IR images. ;)
Thanks Rob. I'll experiment with your suggestions today. I think the brick work could be a little brighter and the white steeple and facade toned down a little as well as implementing your contrast suggestions.

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Hi Kim,

I did a little correction using only Curves and pulled the White Over to the Peak and seemed
to really make the White in the Steeple Pop and brought a little more definition to the Shrubs.

Kim Church Image.jpg

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Thanks for taking the time to do this edit Craig. It certainly does make the image pop. And thank you grphoto for the kind words.
You're Welcome Kim, there's always 5-6 ways to do things so I'm sure there will be other's that have a different technique,

Take Care,

Craig