Few Ultraviolet reflected images

Radon_86

Hello Everybody,

First, I wish you all a Merry Christmas, full of happiness and joy :) . I made this little thread to share you my best shots under Ultraviolet, done using a Nikon D100 with an enlarger lens nikkor 50mm F/4 mounted on an helicoid focusing ring. The filters were a B&W 403 combined with a Kolari IR Cut one. Those were taken in 2018.

Framing is sometimes not the best due to the challenging conditions to perform UV shooting (wind, varying luminosity, exposures around 10-15seconds and no live-view in this case).

1) Indoor Dandelion with blue leaves
DSC_0113 - Copie.jpg

2) Outdoor daisy, reflecting mainly at the uv-vis boundary explaining its blue color after processing
DSC_0130 - Copie.jpg

3) Another dandelion, taken outdoor, like a miniature sunflower
DSC_0137 - Copie.jpg

4) Outdoor close-up of a cornflower, expanding its petals like a trap
DSC_0208_1 - Copie.jpg

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Those really turned out stunning, So neat to see as I'm not that familiar with UltraViolet shooting or looks.

Great Work, can't wait to see more !!!

Take Care,

Craig

Radon_86

Thank you Craig :), indeed Ultraviolet is quite different from Infrared as the aesthetic options are more exigent and less broad than with Infrared I think.

Hali

Gold
Those are so interesting and wonderful. I don't think I've ever really seen many Ultraviolet images before. They are quite beautiful.

Radon_86

Thank you Hali :), Ultraviolet is a different matter than Infrared for sure, but there is a forum specifically for this method, and there are some really nice images there.