Estrany

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Oh My, that is stunning Edd, Beautiful Skin tones and Model. Then the Eyes and Teeth Set it, Kind of Spooky o_O

Well Done !!!

Infra-Edd

Gold
I do like what IR does to skin tones! The light seems to bounce around more under the skin. We often try to emulate this in video games, called SSS (sub surface scattering), so it's interesting to see the effect differently in IR.

The teeth and eyes were pushed a bit in editing to enhance the spooky, so glad you liked it :)

Hali

Gold
It's like infrared was made for Vampire images with the ghostly skin tone it gives. Great image Edd!

Infra-Edd

Gold
Thanks Hali! That's what I thought. Since IR shows skin without all the damage from UV it seems like this is how they could look naturally (because vampires are real of course). It feels like vampires would be happiest around infrared :). On a related note; I am slightly surprised that these studio lights emitted infrared light. One of the reasons that modern LED lights are more efficient is because they can more easily avoid invisible wavelengths. When I do my IR lens tests I have to use an "old" style light bulb. Did Trump inadvertently help me with my IR photography? :p