Closing Down the Forum as of April 30, 2020

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Hi All,

Well, as much as I hate to do it, I'm going to be shutting down the IR Forum.

While it'd been a dream for a long, long time, it's really been a disappointment that it didn't
Seem catch on or get folks wanting to post and talk about IR. Kind of sad, but I'm not going to continue
trying to keep it open with only minimal posts and replies to those that did post. Have to say I would have never thought
that it wouldn't do well, but I guess in these days and times everyone has their own agenda's.

Appreciate your patronage, Peace and Take Care,

Craig

Prufroc

Sorry to see this forum go Craig. It was a great idea and I learned some good techniques in the short time I've been a member. Thanks for trying.

Geoff Smith

Thanks so much for your effort in getting this off the ground and maintaining it Craig. Such a shame it has not been better patronized. All the best, and see you on Facebook

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
Probably too late Craig but have you considered asking Lifepixel and Kolorivision to promote, and provide a link to this site?
Hi Kim, I actually did reach out to Kolari Vision, while got a nice compliment on the site I don't think that
they saw a great value in "someone else" having a forum with them supporting it.

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of LP or the people working / or running it. Just don't care for their business practices but that
is just my personal opinion of the last 5-7 yrs. I actually had my first IR Camera converted by them in 2006, and it worked and did
great and was still working great almost 8 yrs later when I sold it.

Thanks for the suggestion though I appreciate it !!!

Take Care,

Craig

Hali

Gold
I'm so sorry to see the forum close down. Thank you so much for making it a reality and being so helpful and supportive for all of us. I'm sorry more people did not find it, or find it useful. Thank you again. And I will miss the closeness of the people here, but we will hopefully see each other on FB.

Craig

Administrator
Staff member
Gold
I'm so sorry to see the forum close down. Thank you so much for making it a reality and being so helpful and supportive for all of us. I'm sorry more people did not find it, or find it useful. Thank you again. And I will miss the closeness of the people here, but we will hopefully see each other on FB.
Thanks Hali, I have to say it was a "Labor of Love" but it's just not either something that people are interested in or ??? I just truly don't know, I really thought with all the active IR shooters on FB in all the many Groups there would be a good amount that would like a place where they could post their images to see them a while instead of flying off the main stage in hours, and also kind of build friendships. I have to say I still am Friends that I met on the DP Review Sony Talk Forum almost 16yrs ago !!! That was the kind of Community I was hoping to build but as they say "It just wasn't to be"

Thank for being a Member, I appreciate all your kind words and Help.

Take Care,

Craig